There could be many reasons of you going week in your knees and feeling that unbearable pain. Pain has several categories; you could have mild pain through days and suddenly wake up one morning to find it gone.
Knee pain can occur to anyone, from children to the elderly. Some of the most obvious reasons would include lack of Vitamin D, calcium and iron.” Lack of Vitamin D is often responsible for hampering optimum bone health.
Prevention is the best cure,’ many common ailments can be avoided just by making minor changes in our lifestyles. Knee pain, if sustaining for more than a week, could mean something serious including risk of arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and other bone related ailments. In order to rule out these conditions, it is imperative for one to consume a diet rich in calcium and vitamins right from one’s childhood.
You can try treating knee pain in the comfort of your home without popping pills. Here are some easy tips:
– Consuming seeds, rich in calcium can help. These will include flaxseeds, walnuts, and sesame seeds. Amla is also good for joints and bone health.
– You can also consume giloy. Giloy stems can be chewed as is or powdered and mixed with lukewarm water. You also get giloy tablets in market.
– Turmeric is antiseptic and has healing properties. When teamed with warm milk, it acts on treating joint pains as well as facilities the healing process.
– Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties; hence topical application of ginger oil as well as drinking ginger tea regularly can also help. You can also have ginger along with milk for effective results.
– Tulsi or holy basil is known as an anti-rheumatic (joint pains) and antispasmodic (muscle spasms) agent. It can be used externally to treat joint related ailments. Tulsi also works in relieving joint pain and pain associated with arthritis.