Chikungunya is a joint pain disease caused by mosquitoes bite. It is viral infection which damages joint ligaments. The most significant sign of chikungunya is high fever and body pain. In next stages the body pain converts into joint pain.
Hence natural home remedies are worth a shot as it helped many people. These home treatments can reduce signs and symptoms significantly.
1. Epsom Salt Chikungunya Home Treatment
Epsom is not salt but salt like natural occurring element formed due to accumulation of magnesium and sulfate. An epsom salt bath is known to ease joint pain and relieve inflammation. From centuries it is used to cure cuts and muscle soreness.
It regulates electrolytes in your body and reduces pain and body temperature. Taking epsom bath will also nourish your skin. It will improve skin texture and reduces anti-aging signs.
You need: Epsom salt, Neem extracts
- Fill your bathtub with warm water.
- Add 3 spoons of neem extracts and mix 100 grams of epsom.
- Mix them well to dissolve epsom and neem extract.
- Now sit in this bathtub for 15-20 minutes and then take fresh shower.
- This chikungunya home treatment will ease the pain and reduces body temperature.
2. Turmeric For Chikungunya Treatment
Turmeric has strong anti-oxidant properties which shows potent effect on inflammation. It reduces muscle tissue contraction and soothes the ligament. The other benefits of turmeric is it improves immune. Where this condition is due to viral infection you need to have strong immune.
Turmeric will enhance the immune system by boosting activity of white blood cell. White blood cells are the player who will fight the chikungunya virus. Curcumin is the ingredient which gives yellow texture and anti-viral and antimicrobial abilities to turmeric.
You need: Turmeric Powder, Roasted Root powder, skimmed milk.
- Take 1 glass of skimmed milk and add 2 spoon of roasted turmeric powder.
- Mix them well and drink this daily before going to bed. Let the turmeric do its magic overnight.
- Alternatively, Take 2 spoon of turmeric powder and mix 2 tea-spoon of skimmed milk.
- Apply this paste over affected area to get fast pain relief.
Capsaicin rich chili peppers are well-known in Ayurveda for boosting immune. Intake of chili peppers kicks in high blood circulation. Improved circulation results into better enzymes flow and increased white blood cell activity.
Chili peppers is also a potent anti-inflammatory agent which alleviate joint pain. It promote release of free radicals from body. All these health benefits of chili peppers make it a potent natural remedy for chikungunya pain.
You need: Cayenne pepper, olive oil, grated bees-wax
- Take handful of grated beeswax and add 3-5 spoons of water.
- On mild fire heat it until this melt down.
- Now mix 3 tablespoon of cayenne pepper and 2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Keep heating them stir this well so all three ingredient get mixed.
- Now apply this paste over affected area.
- Keep this for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this home remedy for chikungunya twice a day for fast relief.
4. Garlic To Treat Chikungunya
In Ayurveda garlic is used to provide relief from joint pain. It works amazing on mosquito virus also. Garlic is best remedy for fast recovery from chikungunya. As the joint pains will become worse by the time you keep your self away from treatment.
Just consuming garlic daily can significantly affect your immune in a good way. You can go with garlic paste to reduce pain and inflammation. It also soothes the joint circuits and relaxes ligaments.
You need: Garlic cloves, rose-water, clove oil
- Make a paste by using 10 garlic cloves.
- Add 5 drops of rose-water and 5 drops of clove oil.
- Mix them well and apply this over affected area.
- Massage the area gently so that your skin can absorb the enzymes.
- Repeat this remedy for several days until you recover completely.
5. Grapes For Chikungunya Home Treatment
Grapes fall under the category of anti-oxidant rich foods. Seedless dry grapes cure chikungunya rash. They are highly beneficial in treating normal rashes too. Eating handful of grapes multiple times a day can improve anti-oxidant agents activity in body.
They tend to trigger the natural cleaning process of blood cells, which removes unwanted germs from the system. Instant relief from rashes and pain can be seen with grapes remedy. As any food will take around 30 minutes to kick in its benefits, but grapes tend to start showing results in 15 minutes or so.
You need: Seedless dry grapes, water, lemon
- Take a handful of seedless dry grapes and eat them thrice a day.
- Alternatively, you can make a soothing juice.
- To make juice take a blender and add 2 handful of seedless dry grapes.
- Also add 1 spoon of lemon juice and 1 cup of water.
- Blend this for 3-5 minutes and store the juice in cooler.
- Drink this juice twice a day whenever, you get joint pain after chikungunya attack.
6. Lemon Juice To Kill Chikungunya Virus
Lemons are known anti-viral and antibacterial. It has high vitamin C level and researches show that vitamin C is good for immune. It not just improve immune but also reduce inflammation.
Lemon also flushes out toxins from cell packets. These healthy cells can improve your overall mood. It will help with common symptoms such as rise in body temperature, joint swelling, and rash.
You need: Fresh lemon juice, honey, black salt
- Take 1 glass of lukewarm water and add 2 pinch of black salt and 2 tea-spoon of honey.
- Add juice extracted from 2 big lemons.
- Mix them well and drink this twice a day.
- Consider it as best chikungunya treatment food.
7. Keep Yourself Hydrated
Being hydrated while chikungunya virus attack is very important. This virus tends to stick inside your muscle cells. Hence drinking plenty of water and sipping on herbal drinks will help in recovery. In-fact liquid consumption will speed up the recovery process.
You can also take lemon juice or ginger tea or garlic soup to stay hydrated. Apart from providing required amount of liquid, ginger and garlic will also help in recovery. Both the herbs have multiple health benefits such as, they are antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral, and anti-inflammation.